DISTANCE: 9.9km GRADIENT: Mostly flat GRADE: Easy
A wonderful dart from the city towards the coastline through the über-cool hubs of Northbridge, West Leederville and the Claremont Quarters. Ideally you’ll get a tailwind, and if not, we’d definitely recommend reversing the direction of this ride! No ride is pleasant with a roaring headwind!
Flat, easy-to-follow and entirely shared cycle path apart from the occasional road crossing at traffic lights.
Points of interest
- the Horseshoe Bridge, Northbridge. Both iconic and historic.
- William St, Northbridge for fabulous cafes, bars and restaurants.
- Perth Arena, host to Perth’s most in-demand concerts and sporting events.
- discount retailers at Watertown Brand Outlet.
- the shaded lawns of Market Square, Subiaco. Also home to the popular gourmet food and wine event Unwined.
- the unique and delectable eateries on Rokeby Rd, Subiaco.
- the pretty streets of Stubbs Tce, Subiaco.
- Claremont Showgrounds and its seasonal events.
- Claremont Quarters shopping centre – in particular its host of great espresso bars!