DISTANCE: 7.1km GRADIENT: Mostly flat GRADE: Easy
Trainlines are renowned for being flat and straight and this one is no exception. A delightfully easy path to follow, which makes ducking out to Bayswater and back a breeze. Try further afield if you are game, with the path extending all the way to Woodbridge Stn.
Whilst not the spectacular views of the coastline, these trainline rides are steeped in history and popular commuting tracks. Keep your eyes open and you will find plenty to interest you!
Points of interest
- the Horseshoe Bridge, Northbridge. The roller-door arches were previously home to market sellers and their wares.
- WA Art Gallery and Perth Cultural Centre. Opposite Perth Stn, only metres from the cycle path.
- City Farm, beside Claisebrook stn. It has a delectable cafe and regularly hosts a weekend farmers markets.
- the West Australian Ballet institute, Maylands. Stunningly art deco and right beside the trainline.
- Dome Cafe, Maylands, is as striking in architecture as it is in history.
- Maylands city centre for its congregation of delicious eateries!