DISTANCE: 10.9km GRADIENT: Flat GRADE: Very easy
For a quick lap around the Swan that is likely to impress any visitor to Perth, you can’t beat one of the Swan River loop rides.
This particular ride is the shorter of the two by almost half, short-cutting back across the river via the Causeway. It’s an easy beginner ride as it is shared path in its entirety, on top of being flat and easy-to-follow.
South Perth Esplanade gives a wonderful view of the city and we’d argue that the best view is from the shared path! There are numerous parks and green spaces along the way, plus wonderful cafes in South Perth should you be in need of refreshments.
We couldn’t think of a better ride to showcase this wonderful city!
Points of interest
- Elizabeth Quay – despite being mid-construction it is Perth’s latest icon.
- the Old Mill, South Perth for a touch of history.
- South Perth Esplanade for the fabulous views of the city.
- the Supreme Court Gardens opposite Barrack Square, plus the surrounding buildings are stately and exquisitely beautiful.
- the billowing steel sails of the Bell Tower whose bells toll each day at midday.